The New Sun has caught the eye of high-placed optimists" -
H O P E
A Song for the Times
by Perfect Strangers
The global pandemic has been a disaster for the performing arts -
but there is HOPE.
A new song written by Jimmy Duncan and Tony Brannon
opens wide the door to joy
and all good things ahead.
Georgia on My Mind
by Jon Simonds
Have you ever been to Georgia? I have. I remember my first trip.
It was in the early 80s. It was me, a Jewish kid from Brooklyn
a Puerto Rican girl from the old neighborhood. We were driving to Florida
from Ohio, in a Mitsubishi with New York plates.
Michael Douglas on Democracy in the Time of Covid
First the downside:
General disrepair, a breaking down of the system.
A number of treaties have broken down.
Some countries are forming a more populist regime, less democratic.
Even with our elections, there were questions about manipulations.
We have this world crisis with the pandemic, which is affecting all the countries in the world right now, neutralizing them
to some extent. We have vulnerabilities in China, in Russia, the United States, I think it's 180 countries.
And now the upside...
3rd Graders in the Days of Covid
1. I have to be with my parents the WHOLE DAY
2. If you have a sibling you have to spend more time with them
3. You can't go anywhere fun
4. Camp is cancelled
5. You have to wear a mask
6. You can't hug anybody if you need a hug (that's usually why I want a hug)
7. I can't collect stickers for my sticker collection
8. You can't play in the playground 'cause it's closed
9. You stay in your room more than usual so it gets messier therefore, you have to clean up more
10. You can only shop online
The Best of Late Night, from Kevin Sheekey's newsletter, the Daily Read.
Copyright © 2021 The New Sun. All rights reserved.
The New Sun is owned by Dunton Publishing, which also creates e-books, print books, and audiobooks for authors.
~Hosted by ExactHosting.com~